Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This could have been us.

Back in September, I was talking with Leah Spring about her experience with adopting from Serbia.  She gave me some great contacts with COCI, and told me about a really sweet little boy with Down syndrome who was being fostered in the same home as one of her boys had been.

Then our plans got put on hold.

In the meantime, another family, the Lakes, were moving forward, and apparently they got matched with this very boy.  They are in country right now. They have just taken custody of him from the foster family a few days ago, and will be completing the adoption and coming home with him in the next few weeks.

I have followed many adoption stories, but this one feels particularly "real" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf