Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

This was originally in the book "Who moved my cheese?"  Ever since we met, my sweet husband introduced me to the concept of "What would you do if you weren't afraid?" As a tool for figuring out if those fears are legitimate showstoppers or merely cold feet.

Susanna Musser has written a timely post (beautiful as always) on this subject.


See this, too.

1 comment:

  1. I have read them both now. Many, many thanks.

    I'm reminded of another book -- one I don't think you've read, or is quite your style -- called Gates of Fire. A particular character spends a great deal of the book deliberating on a question: what is the opposite of fear? Not, he hastens to add, a trivial answer such as "fearlessness", because that adds nothing new. He wanted to express the opposite of fear as a positive -- something to stand on its own, not merely derivative of something else.

    He eventually concludes: the opposite of fear is love.

    You've given me a lot to think about, my darling. And I am thinking about it, and will continue to think about it, I promise you.

    I do have my fears, and they feel overwhelming to me. With G*d's help, we'll work them out.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf