Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Next steps

1. My husband and I are taking concrete steps towards a special needs adoption!  We are discussing different options, and starting to put together documents (birth certificates etc) that we will need.  We have picked an agency for our homestudy, and will be submitting the application this week.

2. I am also moving forward with my community project to educate and advocate for special needs orphans in my faith community.  I have been brainstorming ideas to present to the appropriate committee, talking with decision-makers in the congregation, etc.

3. Since Father's Day has come and gone, I am moving on to other topics in Judaism.  My best friend reminded me in her comment to this post that I still haven't blogged about the Amidah prayer.  So tomorrow I will start!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you've begun this journey! My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf