Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Complex Ethical Decisions

There is a common human behavior where we become convinced of the correctness of our point of view about something. At that point it is very easy to jump from "I'm right" to "Everyone else is wrong". We see it in politics, religion, and among family members.

Adoption can be a very good thing. It can complete families, save children, and bring joy and love to many who are touched by it.

There are some who have had bad experiences in adopting. Corrupt agencies, poor preparation for the challenges involved etc. can lead to minor and major problems.

Others have had bad experiences as adoptees. Disruption, abuse, and loss of identity are prominent.

None of these is more "correct" than another. They just are. Obviousy, people will reach very different conclusions based on which group they fall into or are exposed to. I will spend a few posts exploring various positions and try to see as many sides of the issues as I can. I welcome contributions to the debate if I leave anything out (which I'm sure I will!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf